Joining Centrestage Agency
Centrestage Agency is always interested in seeing talented and outgoing young performers wanting to work professionally in film, TV and theatre. Our annual auditions will be announced here each year.
You must be between 4 and 21 years old to audition, as the agency only goes up to 22 years of age. Performers must live in the greater Melbourne area and be able to attend castings at short notice.
We prefer all of our clients to have some training behind them. It is highly recommended that all performers represented by Centrestage Agency undertake regular acting classes to keep themselves at their peak. We recommend classes at Centrestage Performing Arts School so that we can monitor clients’ progress and therefore speak with confidence to casting directors of their potential. If classes at Centrestage are not feasible, then there are several other organisations that we can recommend upon request.
If you are seeking representation for your child, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please include a current photo, CV of training and experience, and links to any performance videos.
Centrestage Agency charges an annual administration fee in order to standardize the cost for parents. This fee covers the following services:
- An annual professional photographic session (AKA “headshots”).
- Listing on our password-protected website and database.
- Creation of a personal profile on both Showcast and Casting Networks, which are the two main casting websites used by all major casting directors, producers and advertising agencies in Australia. It is imperative to be listed on both of these websites in order to be submitted for daily casting opportunities.
2023 Admin Fees
- Children under 16 – $390 (inc GST)
- Children 16 & over – $415 (inc GST)
- Children under 16 – $345 (inc GST)
- Children 16 & over – $355 (inc GST)
Centrestage charges commission on all bookings in accordance with the guidelines set out by the Australian Drama Agents Association:
10% (+GST) for film, TV & stage for entire run of contract
15% (+GST) for commercials & print advertising